What are Montessori inspired toys?In short, Maria Montessori's approach to educational toys is that children most of the time have to play independently, realizing the innate need to learn the world. While an adult should provide a child with an environment that would contribute to the most effective and safe learning the world.
Accordingly, in order for the toy to be called Montessori inspired, it must meet the following parameters:
- a small number of functions in the toy. And it is better to have one function at all;
- simplicity of forms;
- lack of bright colors and too colorful color solutions;
- lack of music and backlight;
- the child is able to use the toy independently;
- natural materials that also contribute to the development of sensory perception.
That is, which educational toys can be called Montessori inspired?
- simple wooden lacing;
- simple wooden sorters;
- themed wooden play sets;
- Montessori materials. A separate type of educational materials aimed at mastering a particular skill (counting, reading, etc.), executed in the approach adopted in the Montessori system.
It is important in the Montessori approach that an adult should not constantly entertain the child, but show how to use, for example, a particular toy. And give the child maximum freedom in the play. Direct, but not lead by the hand. Just please remember about safety! Do not leave small children alone with toys, the parts of which they may swallow or injure themselves with them.
In addition, and we consider it very important, all our products are safe and made of eco materials, primarily wooden. And if paints are used, then these are safe and eco-friendly paints.
Activity-board.shop is happy to encourage your child's development.